Duterte: West Full of Blank

News Portals: Monday, May, 21, 2017 - 22:34 pm Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte calls the Western countries full of nonsense. Photo / Reuters

WWIII - Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte calls the Western nations full of nonsense. He said he wanted to cooperate more with China and Russia, compared with Western countries.

Duterte, who spoke during an interview with Russian media, said Western countries were only interested in making double talks and ignoring the Philippines' interests. While Russia and China, according to him, has a stance contrary to the West.

He then said he had no personal relationship with the United States (US), and said his country needed a change in foreign policy to separate it from American interests. "I have nothing against the Americans, (US President Donald) Trump is my friend, but my foreign policy has shifted, I want to deal with China and Russia because in the West it is nonsense," he said.

"You treat me as if I am still your colony, you must be joking! We are an independent country, I want my country to be treated with dignity," he continued, as quoted by Russia Today on Sunday (21/5).

Duterte's own statement was made several days ahead of his visit to Moscow. Duterte is scheduled to arrive in Moscow in the middle of next week, and is set to meet with Russian President Vlaidmir Putin, and other Russian officials.

Comments

Popular Posts